Family holidays by the lake
Wavelengths ahead – ready for lakeside fun!
Head tilted back, the sun on your face, the breathtaking lake in front of you and delighted children’s laughter all around. You’ll be wishing the days in Southern Carinthia could last forever. There’s so much to discover. One of the main attractions of your Sonnelino family holiday: the hotel’s very own Sonnelino family beach directly by Lake Klopein. And this is an absolute scenic jewel: sporty, in harmony with nature and, above all, guaranteed to lift your spirits. With crystal-clear water – and a feel-good temperature of up to 29 degrees in summer. Now all you need to do is choose: action or relaxation?
We highly recommend: our “Sonnelino family beach” right in front of our Baby & Kinderhotel Sonnelino by Lake Klopein. With a shallow sloping shore – perfect for little kiddy legs. With colourful water slides. With a huge sand playground right by the lake. With crystal-clear water – warmed to a wonderful temperature by the sun. Up to 29 degrees in summer – there’s nowhere else like it in Austria!
What’s on the agenda at the “Sonnelino family beach”? Swimming, dive bombs, playing, romping around, laughing, jumping, bouncing, splashing and paddling. A perfect place to make waves, float boats or have inflatable mattress races.
Need a little break? You’ll find super-comfy loungers all across the lawns and on the wide wooden piers. For snuggling. For a moment’s peace and quiet. For resting after giving it your all. For sun worshippers and for those seeking shade. And just like that, balance is restored. Warning – highly relaxing.
- Tried and tested. As you know: Carinthia is the land of lakes. The most pleasurable, warmest and most exciting lake is Lake Klopein. 1.8 kilometres long, 800 metres wide. Characterised by picturesque beauty, far beyond the concerns of everyday life, nestled into the unique natural scenery of the mountains. And of course, with drinking water quality.
- Lakeside longing. What awaits you? For starters, there’s the velvety soft lake water, which gently caresses your skin with its pleasant warmth. In summer, you can delight in the sun’s rays as you bathe at an incredible 29 degrees.
- Sonne See-Bad lake bathing area. The radiant yellow of our many sun umbrellas gives a hint as to the sunny character of our hotel. Pick your favourite spot at our lakeside beach: this might be on one of our bathing piers jutting out into Lake Klopein. Spacious, dotted with palm trees, made of natural wood and equipped with plenty of comfortable places to lie down.
Or perhaps our elegant garden wellness area – expansive sunbathing lawns with well-kept grass, both sunny and shady spots and permanent vistas of the lake. All that’s left is to roll out your bathing towel, apply sunscreen and you’re ready to go.
- Sonne lakeside spa. Specially for the grown-ups. While the kids rough and tumble at the Miniclub under the watchful eyes of the child minders, parents can relax after their treatment at the wellness area of the Hotel & Spa Sonne, which was redesigned in 2023, in the indoor and outdoor pool and the whirlpool – all with an incredible lake view and mountain panorama.
- Lakeside fitness. Bringing movement to your beach holiday. Because at Lake Klopein, swimming, boating, canoeing or kayaking, fishing, stand-up paddle boarding and snorkelling are the order of the day. Our tip: join in with the free lakeside fitness programme. Sign up at the reception of the Hotel & Spa Sonne.
- Lakefront promenade. Circle the whole of Lake Klopein.Carinthia’s only uninterrupted lakeside promenade invites you to enjoy a leisurely 5.2 kilometres: of strolling, wandering, sauntering, meandering and soaking up the views.